This page was re-organized and updated on June 1, 2019.
Welcome! This page contains materials related to Gregory’s offerings at the Unity Church of Hawaii in April and May 2019. It includes Gregory’s report to UWM, documented outcomes of UCOH group processes, and general resources related to our learning together.
Read Gregory’s Report of Ministry Support for UCOH
Documented Outcomes of UCOH Group Processes
- UCOH Moving Forward Notes from May 5 (PDF) NOTE: This document includes the raw notes as well as a refined list.
- UCOH Restorative Menu from May 11 (PDF) NOTE: This document includes both pages of notes from this process.
The following sections include resources related to our learning together and not necessarily specific to UCOH.
Healing (Sharing) Circles
- Sharing Circles (PDF) NOTE: These notes are transcribed by Anne V. from training delivered by Gregory on May 12.
- The Way of Council (PDF)
Power, Systemic Culture and Leadership
- Understanding Systemic Culture (PDF)
- Restorative Practices for Living in Community (PDF)
- Recipe for Accountability (PDF)
- Power Sticks Learning Points
- Viewing leadership as a function provides a fluidity and flow that can be stifled by defined roles on leadership. Defined roles may also provide a structure to lean into, satisfying needs for order and predictability.
- Even with defined roles, leading and following are interdependent.
- Relationship and task are inseparable, and the quality of relationship impacts the ability to accomplish the task.
- Attending to joy in relationships and tasks impacts both the relationship and accomplishment of the task.
Nonviolent Communication (NVC)
- Pathway to Living Interdependence UCOH April 2019 (PDF)
- Reflection Circles Practice (PDF)
- Transforming Judgments and Enemy Images – BayNVC (PDF)
- Reframing Difficult Interactions (PDF)
- Receiving Praise and Criticism as Feedback (PDF)
Governance and Decision Making